Thursday, July 9, 2009

A "back-to-school" tale of a different sort from Susanna

My high school was built in 1900. My mother went there 20 years before me. It's a creepy building and it has been the setting of more than one of my creepy dreams. I can't remember all of the most recent one, but the first part went like this:

I am walking with my mother down the alley and across the street that leads to the old high school. We're just walking along and chatting until we get closer to the school. My mom stops suddenly and gasps. The path to the school is lined with rows of dead, naked bodies, stacked several feet high. There are pieces of scalp and brain matter on the sidewalk.

My mother is horrified. Inexplicably, I turn to her and say, "Oh, you didn't hear about this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment